Monday, January 22, 2018

The A B C of Vitamin E

Someone has rightly said "Health is the greatest wealth"

When health is absent, our beauty fades, intelligence cannot be applied and wealth becomes useless. This makes it very important to ensure that we spend time in ensuring our physical health through food and exercise and mental health through meditation.

During our food intake, we need to ensure that we balance both the macro and micro nutrients in our diet. Typically the macro nutrients (Fats, Carbs and Proteins) are balance well in a typical Indian diet or our daily meals.
Image Source : Google
Such as a meal comprising of Dal + Chawal + Sabzi  - include all the macro elements - Protein (Dal) ; Carbs (Rice/Roti) and Fats (ghee in sabzi/dal).

But what about micro-nutrients - are we paying enough attention to that? Does it include all the vitamins and mineral required by the body? 

One of the most important and also the most neglected vitamin in our diet is Vitamin E. It is an antioxidant that fights the damage done through radical cells in the body and slows ageing. 

Benefits of Vitamin E : 
1. Prevents Ageing : 
Due to pollution, bad eating habits, smoking, there are free radicals generated in our body which are a source of many diseases and ageing. Vitamin E has anti-oxidant properties, which fights these free radicals and naturally slows the ageing process

2. Repairs Skin : 
Vitamin E moisturizes the skin from inside and is helpful in maintaining the youthful skin. It speeds up cell regeneration and treats acne, scars, wrinkles and sunburns on the skin

3. Healthy Hair :
Vitamin E moisturizes the scalp and makes the hair look healthier and fresh. Massaging a few drops of Vitamin E on the scalp can reduce hairfall and makes the hair look shiny.

4. Helps PMS symptoms :
This is for women who face pain and irritation during menstrual cycle. Taking a vitamin E supplement can reduce cramping, abdominal pain and reduce menstrual blood loss. It regulates the hormones in the body to ensure overall health and wellbeing

Sources of Vitamin E :
A. Fruits and Vegetables : Many green leafy vegetables and colored fruits have Vitamin E.

Image Source: Google
  • Spinach Cooked (1/2 cup) : 2-4 mg
  • Dandelion greens, raw (1 cup) : 2 mg
  • Tomato sauce, canned (1/2 cup) : 2 mg
  • Avocado (1/2 fruit) : 1-4 mg


B. Nuts : 
  • Almonds (1/4 cup) : 9-10 mg
  • Peanuts (1.4 cup) : 2 mg
  • Image Source: Google
  • Sunflower seeds (1/4 cup) - 13 mg

C. Fats and Oils
  • Sunflower oil (5 ml) - 2 mg
  • Wheatgerm oil (5 ml) - 7 mg

D. Supplements : Provided the daily diet does not account for all the nutrition and vitamins, supplements are essential for balancing the deficiencies in the diet. 
Image Source: Google
Evion Vitamin E supplements can be taken to supplement for Vitamin E deficiency.

Topical Uses of Vitamin E:
Other than diet, Vitamin E can be topically used on the skin and hair to moisturize the skin and improve the luster of hair. 
There are creams, hair oils and capsules are available in the market but as consumer, we must check the ingredients an authenticity before purchasing a product.

Evion Vitamin E cream is a combination of 2 ingredients - Vitamin E and Aloe Vera - both of which are known for their moisturizing and healing properties. 


My Tryst with Vitamin E

My Selfie :)
Being a working woman and a parent of a young child, it was very difficult for me to manage my work-life balance and I neglected by diet needs.  When I returned to work after pregnancy, I realized that my face had lost its glow. My skin looked dull, hair looked lifeless and on top of it my eyes were puffy with dark circles due to lack of sleep. Perhaps the reasons were lack of proper diet, stress of joining work and responsibility of a young child. I realized that I had ignored by skin and I must do something to bring my glow back.
There was also no time to exercise as I was already exhausted with the sleepless nights and difficult days. My confidence had taken a hit as I was not the same as before.

I decided to focus on my health, fitness and beauty and 2 things worked in my favor.
A. Diet rich in Vitamin E : I included soaked almonds (5-6) every morning in my daily diet. I also added green leafy vegetables to my lunch box every alternate day and started cooking my meals in sunflower oil.

B. Vitamin E lotion for my skin : I bought some vitamin E capsules, pricked the capsule, mixed it with Olive oil and applied on my face and hands every night.

Me.. a big fan of Vitamin E
Very soon, my skin had its glow back and so was my confidence. I am a big fan of Vitamin E creams and oils and apply these essential oils on my skin every night to keep it going.

Everyday we are exposed to so much pollution, stress and UV rays that it has become very important to guard our skin against these.

So do you get tired easily? Do you have muscle soreness? Or are you facing dull skin and lifeless hair.. You might need to focus on your Vitamin E intake. With the right amount of Vitamin E intake in the diet and doctor-recommended supplements like Evion - India's No.1 Vitamin E Brand, one can live a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle.

To know more about #Evion Supplements, visit http://www.evion.co.in/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment